Students and children are some of our most enthusiastic audience members and we want to ensure their visit is memorable. To that end, please take the time to review these theater etiquette tips with your children and your students:
- Be nice to the ushers; they may be famous one day. And besides, it’s good karma!
- We invite you to take photos when the house lights are on, as in pre-show, at intermission and post-show. Please share your experience by tagging #3BelowTheaters
- During the performance, out of respect and for the safety of our performers, there is no photography permitted and we ask that you turn off your cell phones.
- Laugh, cry, sigh – you hear the actors and they hear you. The actors feed off your energy, so if you enjoy their performance, please let them know by responding!
- Actors get hungry, too – they will hear if you’re eating, unwrapping candy, or sharing gum. Wait until intermission or after the show to unwrap candy and merchandise.
Tips for Teachers
- Arrive at least 20 minutes early.
- Assign one chaperone for every fifteen students.
- Remind students to use washrooms before the show and during intermission.
- We want to extend our most sincere thanks to all teachers and parents who bring their students and children to 3Below, and for supporting theatre and arts education!