- Prices for our events vary. Check out the pages that detail each event for pricing.
- We do offer subscriptions for many of our series which results in savings of up to 30% off.
- Ticket prices do not cover the fees charged to us by box office service providers and merchant service providers (credit card companies.) Fees range from $2-$5 per ticket depending on the price of tickets. Ticket fees are waived for our Series Subscribers as a benefit for subscribing.
- San Jose Playhouse Subscribers
- Full-time students age 13+ (with I.D.)
- Educators (with I.D.)
- Military (with I.D.)
- Guests over age 62 (don’t worry, we won’t card you)
- Those who’ve joined the our e-list
San Jose Playhouse Subscribers enjoy complimentary exchange privileges. Non-subscribers can exchange tickets for another performance of the same production for a $5/order fee.
Tickets are non-refundable unless a performance is canceled.
Latecomers may be asked to wait in the vestibule until an appropriate interval in the production. If there is no appropriate interval for late seating and admittance will cause disruption, latecomers may be refused admission. No refund or exchange will be offered.
Audience dress tends to be casual and business-casual. Themed clothing/costumes are always welcome and encouraged at special events.
In the event of a sold-out performance, a waiting list will be started at 9am on the day of the performance. The waiting list will be called approximately 20 minutes prior to the performance. No discounts apply to waiting-list tickets and management reserves the right to close the waiting list.
Tickets must be purchased for any child attending a performance, and children must be seated with a parent. Babes-in-arms are not permitted in the theaters. Everyone who enters the theatre must have a ticket in order to comply with fire safety guidelines. (Firefighters and law enforcement can keep all guests safe by knowing how many guests have entered the venue.) Age recommendations will be posted for each event.
Your name is added to our patron list when you book tickets, request a brochure, enter a contest, or complete a survey. This enables you to receive communications from 3Below and San Jose Playhouse. We occasionally exchange information with other arts organizations and San Jose Playhouse sponsors that we believe offer you a benefit or are of interest. If you prefer not to be included, please contact us.
In the interest of other patrons, please arrive perfume/cologne-free.
Full Terms and Conditions
- 3Below/San Jose Playhouse reserves the right to refuse admission to the theater and request any ticket holder leave the theater and take appropriate action to enforce this right.
- Events are subject to change in title, date, and time. Alterations may be made to the advertised program or casting rendered necessary by unavoidable causes.
- Latecomers may be asked to wait in the foyer until an appropriate moment in the production. If there is no appropriate interval and admittance will cause disruption latecomers will be refused admission. No refund or exchange will be offered. So don’t be late.
- Mobile phones, pagers, and watches should be switched off before entering the auditorium.
- Children under the age of four will not be admitted to the auditorium, this includes babes in arms – exceptions to this rule can only be made if San Jose Playhouse advertises the production as a family show suitable for young children of that age.
- Cameras and recording equipment are not allowed in the auditorium.
- Food purchased at 3Below’s Cafe is permitted in the auditorium. Please remember any food/sweets in noisy wrappers may disturb the performers and other members of the audience.
- Strobe lighting, gunshots, and smoke effects are sometimes used in productions; details are available from the Box Office after the first performance.
- Customers are entirely responsible for entering their details correctly on the online booking form. You warrant that all details supplied by you are true and accurate. If there are any changes to your details once your booking is concluded then it is your responsibility to inform 3Below.
- Where a person makes a booking on behalf of a party, that person accepts these terms and conditions on behalf of all members of the party and is responsible for that party.
- 3Below/San Jose Playhouse reserves the right to place restrictions on the volume of any tickets ordered.
- It is your responsibility to check that the tickets issued to you are accurate.
- Tickets cannot be refunded unless a performance is canceled. In the event of a suspended performance, patrons will be offered the opportunity to exchange tickets for another performance, where available.